We love pasta but what we love even more is pasta that is creamy. Going plant based does not mean you have to give up creamy pasta, you simply have to change the ingredients that make the pasta sauce creamy. In this recipe we use cauliflower as part of the base of the sauce.
Cauliflower "Mac and Cheese"
We love creamy pasta that is delicious and nutritious. This is an easy recipe for family dinners and potlucks without the dairy.
Servings 4 People
- 4 cups cauliflower florets small or medium cauliflower
- 0.5 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 cup extra soft tofu
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast 3/4 cups has also been very tasty
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder to taste
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 pack fettucine
- minced parsley
- Begin by cooking the pasta according to the package's instructions. Drain and add pasta back into its pot. Set aside for the "cheese" portion of the recipe.
- For the cheese portion, add oil and minced garlic to a skillet and sauce on low heat until soft and fragrant (until it is transparent).
- Boil the cauliflower in 1 cup of water until soft. Carefully drain out the cauliflower and set aside to cool. Grind up the cauliflower in a blender until it is finely mixed, as the fine texture will compliment the sauce for the pasta.
- Add the garlic, tofu, yeast, lemon juice, onion and garlic powder, salt, and pepper into the blender and mix.
- Add the mixture into the pasta and stir well. Heat on low-medium until the dish is heated through. Taste the pasta and see if there’s anything you would like to add to spice it to your taste.